Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE
To appear for IIT-JEE a candidate is required to clear one of the qualifying examinations. The year of passing the qualifying examination will be determined based on the examination passed by the candidate, the earliest out of the qualifying examinations listed below:
• The final examination of 10+2 system from a recognized board or university.
• Intermediate or two year pre-university exams conducted by a recognized board or university.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at advanced (A) level.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
• Final examination of the two year course in the Joint Services wing of the National Defence Academy.
• A diploma recognized by AICTE or state board with three year technical education.
• High school Certificate examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma, Geneva.
• Any Public school or board in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• The candidate needs to secure a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in any of these qualifying examinations. SC, ST and PD candidates need to score 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
• Candidates can attempt JEE maximum twice in consecutive years irrespective of whether he/she has passed the qualifying examination.